Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First he looked this way, then he looked that!!

 

 

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry merry king of the Bush is he
Laugh Kookaburra laugh
Kookaburra gay your life must be!!

When we used to sing this song at school many years ago it did not have much significance for me. Little did I know that one day I would go for a walk, along the Blackmans Bay beach, and there in the wood I would get up close and personal with a kookaburra!! How lucky am I?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heidi said...

it is as good as a partridge in a pear tree! Lately you seem to get very lucky with your bird-watching. I didn't even know what a kookaburra looks like.

Hazel said...

I think it is that my new camera has such a good zoom, I don't even have to be very near to get a reasonable photo, I am delighted with it. Still looking for the platypus though, Heidi said we should go where you two went, we will schedule it in for when we get back from the East Coast (where you have not been - YET!!)