Monday, March 7, 2011

My morning walk this morning






Wow, those four pictures took almost half an hour to upload! So much for high speed broadband, if I were in Germany they would go on in a flash. But it is a small price to pay, I am not really complaining.

On my walk this morning the sun was shining on the water and I had to shut it out with my hand, hence the uneven top to the photo, but I think the effect was worth it. Then there was the old man on the beach, see him most mornings. As for the lone swimmer, I think it is a 'she' she must be very tough, it does not seem very warm to me, and the water must be freezing.

I have almost come to the end of my 48 hours of listening to 'The Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follett so I think I will have a rest from him for a while. The next book on my Wishlist is Hans Fallada and 'Alone in Berlin" this is the only one of his that Audible.uk have but you never know, they may get more!

Oh well, Goodnight!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

All four lovely pictures, well worth the time it took to download them. They make me want to pack my bags and come down under!
As for Ken Follett, can't find the energy to start on those big volumes. But I'm into Alan Bennett now. Have you read THE UNCOMMON READER? If not, go and get it.

hazel said...

Thanks for the tip, I will look into it. I guess my obsession for long stories is so that I get my monies worth as I get one credit a month and that could get me a five hour listen or a fortyfive hour one, so I go for the latter.

Elaine said...

Yes remember enjoying the Uncommon Reader Am reading The Post Office Girl by Stefan Zweig. Back to the photos - was wondering what the top of the first photo was - some great shots there particularly the first two.

Heidi said...

The uncommon rader ist just a two-hour read. Just gave it to Jan and he loved it. Now it is passed on to his host-family