Thursday, November 26, 2009

Swings and Roundabouts

You might know already, but every Wednesday Ken and I go to Mandie's Very smart Old Peoples Home (for very smart (and not so smart, as you will see) old people!

Yesterday I went alone as Ken is entertaining brother Norman, over here from the UK. In the morning I take a trolly round to the rooms, and they buy all sorts of goodies to put up their sugar levels!! One old lady (who speaks German and knows Berlin and I have lent her my cherished Berlin Guidebook - hopefully I will get it back at some stage) asked me how old I was, and I asked her to guess. She thought for a while then said 'in your forties' well I was on cloud nine, you can imagine. But not for long!!

As we are there all day (well till 2 pm) we get lunch in the residents' dining room. As Ken is not with me at the moment I usually sit at a table for six, with the oldies. We have very comfortable seats. complete with arms, and the old lady next to me said "You know my dear, if you ask, they will push you in a bit" That took away the euphoria I felt at being told I looked forty!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Well, reality is bound to intrude on cloud nine!