Friday, November 20, 2009

My latest Bargain.


Do you like the copper kettle? Bought from the local Tip Shop. We treated ourselves to a handy little gas burner in a carrycase, fuelled by a Gas Cylinder, a little one, then realised that we had got rid of our last whistling kettle which we used all round Australia in our travelling days, at our last Garage Sale, so a trip to the Tip Shop turned up this little beauty, only one little dent in one side, and a slight bit tarnished, but good enough for the odd cuppa enroute!

As for the beautiful flowers, we popped in on friends Jerry and Harma, to find that Jerry had a field full of Paeonies which he grows all from seed, he had such a variety that we were most impressed. This lot lasted the week and had a most unusual scent, can't make up my mind whether I liked it or not!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Lovely kettle - and I envy you the time of the year when Paeonies flower - her we just have
Christmas-Markets. I went to the Scandinavian ones in their Churches, just down the road from my place, with Ute. And found a few nice bargains for Christmas-presents.