Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Melbourne Cup Lunch


This is the Horse Race that stops a Nation! That is its claim to fame, have you ever heard about it over in Germany?

Anyway, WE got lucky, Ken won $50 and I won $35 in the Sweep that they ran at Croquet, I recently got one of those chain emails about luck, and for once I sent it on, maybe there is something in it!!!!

I am Social Sec for the Club, so had to arrange lunch for 21 people, a BBQ of course, we love our BBQs here (even though Ken and I had Tofu and Vegie Burgers made by yours truly and sneaked in, so they wouldn't all think we are weirdos!!

This was the lovely Rhubarb Custard Teacake I made as my contribution to the lunch, we all take either a salad or a dessert.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I vote for the Rhubarb-Custard-Pie any day, tofu not really my thing. And as for burgers, I prefer the old-fashioned kind. But I do admire your energy, as always.
Have also decided to have the annual open house on boxing day again, had to many complaints last year. I'll be in Berlin from Dec. 22 to 25 with Katja and dinner with Helmut and Rosemary