Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Milford Track



I had seen this walk on TV some years ago when we were still in England.   It was on a programme detailing the seven most famous walks in the world and I always wanted to do it.   So this was my opportunity to achieve my ambition.

This was the hard bit, the zig zag track up to the top of the McKinnon Pass, although coming down the other side was equally hard and sorely tried every muscle in my legs, so much so that it took days after to get back to walking properly.

When we got to Milford Sound I went up in a helicopter and we landed at the top of the Sutherland Falls, the next photo shows the magnificent  view down the valley.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I take it this was in NZ? I only found one Mt.McKinnon on Google, which is in Utah.
Anyway, the heat must keep you indoors so that you can catch up on your pictures

Debbie T. said...

A helicopter!!!???? I'm impressed!!!