Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What a difference a 't' makes!

Yesterday was the big day! It was the day I was induced (or inducted) into the Probus Club of Kingston.

Had to do a short spiel about myself. As I had decided not to tell any jokes I set about to make it a bit humerous, unlike Wendy and Margaret, who were also going through the same process.
Amongst other things I told them about the hearing deficit I sustained due to having been in the Blitz in London during the war! I told them that my left ear was my right ear and my right ear was my wrong ear and if they wished to whisper in my ear they should choose the left one, which is the right one! I think they think I am a bit of a Nut, funny how you tend to live up to your name!

Also I think I had better get myself a frock!! I felt a bit under dressed, in my orange cropped trousers and white shirt!! Seriously though, I have no I intention of getting myself all dolled up to go to meetings.

I must say, they are a very friendly lot, some of them came to me afterwards to talk about the things I had reminded them about in my short introduction. I even got asked by two separate
members of the committee to join them as Outings Organiser, but I am very proud of the new me, 'cos I resisted. Ken and Heidi would have killed me if I had gone home and told them I had taken on anything else! They think I have enough to do, which is probably right.

Sorry, no photos were taken on the BIG DAY.

No comments: