Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Apple and almond pudding cake

Credit must go to the River Cottage tv programme.

Second time I have made it, so it is now written into meine Lieblingsrezepte book and I thoroughly recommend it.

I told June I would give her the recipe so here goes, although you could look it up on the net yourself!

150 grams unsalted butter
125 gr caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon. Almond essence
75 gr sr flour
75 gr almond meal
4 firm apples
25 gr butter
1 tabsp. Gran sugar
Quarter teaspoon. Cinnamon

Method

Grease 20 cm tin and line the bottom
Peel and quarter apples and cut each quarter into three wedges
Melt 25 gr butter and when it sizzles add the gran sugar and cinnamon. Add applea and cook until soft and caramelised. Leave to cool.


Meanwhile beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, add alone egg, beat again, then the other. Add almond meal aaa and 1 tabsp. Flour, mix well, then fold in the rest of the flour, sifted, and fold in gently.

Put into tin and arrange apples on top.

bake 45 to 50 mins 170 degrees

Test with skewer, remove from oven and leave in tin till cool.

And with a bit of luck it should look like this:-



Enjoy!






2 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks lovely and very tempting! But not for me at the moment - am on a diet, as my doctor was not pleased with my blood-sugar and cholesterol.
So it will have to wait

DebbieT. said...

Looks beautiful..just like one my grandmother used to make. I am also on a diet...as I apparently ate my way across the state of Florida while visiting there recently.
I'll take the recipe all the same...many thanks