Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hope it's not too late.

I promised June my easy recipe for sour cream pastry, so as I was doing a batch this morning I took a few photos along the way.

Here goes, and this quantity yielded two and a half dozen:

250 grams plain flour and 200 grams chilled unsalted butter cut into cubes. Process till like breadcrumbs then add 125 grams sour cream and pulse till it all comes together. Remove from processor, knead into a flat disk and refrigerate for 20 minutes before using it.

It is lovely to work with, so light and smooth and when baked it is much lighter than my usual short crust pastry, which I have always used in the past. Well worth a go. I made the mince pies, lined the trays with glad wrap then froze them. When they were hard I removed them to a container, to free up the trays for the next consignment, as I only have tins for three dozen and they are so delicious and go so quickly that I need to make double that amount (at least)











1 comment:

Hazel said...

Looks good enough to eat