Saturday, February 5, 2011

Collage

 


This is an experiment, and it shows what I have been up to today!! I baked some bread, a regular occurrence these days, it gets easier every time I do it, AND it tastes good too. Then I went out into the jungle, whoops I mean the garden and discovered the plums are just ripe for the picking. We had two new plum trees last year, one did absolutely nothing and these are the fruits of the other. On further investigation I discovered most of them are just ripe so we will be enjoying them over the coming days.

Then I thought I would 'bandicoot' a few volunteer potatoes, I did not plant any this year but obviously last yer I did not do a very good job of harvesting them so I got heaps of potatoes, enough for us (and Heidi) to enjoy for a while. (Bandicoots are small Ozzie creatures who like to dig up things they are very sweet and you are lucky if you have them in your garden. Unfortunately household cats do not like them and do their best to get rid of them during the night, so all household cats should be securely locked indoors at night but uinfortunately not all cat lovers agree!!

Then I did a bit of succulent potting up into some groovy cups my neighbour gave me, and I have some groovy succulents, I particularly like the red spiky one which has taken to being divided very well, it is coming up all over the place. Please excuse the cobwebs (maybe you won't be able to see them on this collage, so don't bother to double click or look through the magnifying glass!!

Oh yes, I nearly forgot, I helped with the painting! We have decorated Ken's study, after grandson George took up the carpet and sanded and polished the floor, it looks very smart and Ken will be moving back in soon. Watch this space for a photo.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: