Friday, April 2, 2010

Still Harvesting!


Well, the Pumpkin was a 'Volunteer' i.e. it appeared from nowhere and completely took over my Strawberry patch. It flowered profusely, and then produced this ONE measly pumpkin. Obviously most of the flowers needed to be tickled with a feather to fertilize them (some species do have it easy, don't they, look what us poor Humans have to go through!)

Anyway I did get a Pumpkin but not many more strawberries and quite honestly I would prefer the latter.

Nearly forgot, the green tomatoes were from another friend, they were really beautiful and tasted just a good, if not better, than their red cousins.
Reminded me of the film "Fried Green Tomaytoes" (American pronunciation!)

This Post has corrected not one, but three of my spellings, I resorted to the Pocket Oxford Dictionary and much to my dismay (I pride myself on my spelling usually) I had misspelt (now its querying that) fertilize, measly and one other but I am not going to give in to Tomaytoes, thats how I WANT to spell it and no Spellchecker is going to boss me around, so there!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

what a wonderful "measly" pumpkin. And the film FGT at the Whistlestop Café is one of my favourites