Tuesday, April 6, 2010

As you sow, so shall you reap!!





There was never a truer saying, I planted these New Zealand Flax in April 2006 and by November 2007 they had grown probably as big as I would have wanted. But oh no, they went on growing and now, four years later, they are a serious problem and must be got rid of!

I should never have planted them there in the first place, obviously I did not realise how big they would get, shows you need to do your research first Hazel. It is now going to be a massive job to get them out, maybe if I do a bit of the preliminary cutting back (I have already started) I might be able to get a strong grandson to come down and give me a hand!!

And then I will have to start all over again, it will look pretty desolate for a bit. Have made up my mind to stick to succulents in future, as grasses grow out of control.

No comments: