Friday, April 2, 2010

New Skills - you are never too old to learn.


Now that we have developed a taste for all things Japanese Ken decided we should really 'get with it' and use chopsticks as we were going Japanese eating last night!

He downloaded a five page screed from the Internet (in funny Japanese English) (isn't the web wonderful) and maybe he downloaded the chopsticks as well, they were funny Siamese type chopsticks i.e. stuck together, anyway I am digressing. So we cut up an apple and after a lot of manoevering (i.e. fiddling about) I managed to eat my half, I wouldn't say it was easy, and I wouldn't say it was fast, but I did it to his satisfaction AND I managed to get a few photos to prove it.

We went to Tokyo and Seoul, a Japanese Eatery in Sandy Bay and I managed my chopsticks for the first half but resorted to a fork for the rice, it is a bit tedious eating rice grain by grain!! (and it takes forever)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We'll have a go with my chopsticks when you come - it is really quite easy once you get the hang of it, But you are right, rice is a bit difficult. Although with the sticky Japanese rice it is much easier to get a whole lump on your chopsticks