Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas is coming!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No prizes for guessing what I did today! I made the Puddings for Christmas. First I gathered all the ingredients (very organised for me!) then I beat the butter with the brown sugar and zest from a lemon and an orange. Then I thought it was a waste not to use the juice as well, so I added this to the fruit which had already marinated in brandy overnight! The eggs came next, one at a time with a good beating inbetween. Then I sieved the flour with the spices and together with the almonds I threw everything in, a bit at a time, gave it a big stir and then divided it between two bowls. Now they have to steam all evening and again on the day for another hour or so, to make sure they are good and warm.

I love Christmas Pudding, and think it is a shame we only have it once a year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Never knew that so much work went into making Christmas Pudding! Even worse than the German Christstollen. Unfortunately, Heitmann has given up on making them for the Rentner, so it is to be one from BACKHUS, which is really very good.