Thursday, July 26, 2012

Failure!



Last Friday I went to a "Kaffee Klatsch" with a group of German friends, three from Berlin, one from Hamburg (Hummel Hummel) one from Cologne and a man who was a P/OW in Poland.    It was all very civilised (as you would expect!) with matching sets of cup, saucer and plate, just like the Germans do!   The table was well set, with lots of food, considering it was just "Morning Tea" and I was quite taken by the "Pigs Ears which our hostess said she had made herself.    I asked her if she would give me the recipe and first of all she was a bit coy, but then said it was just bought Puff Pastry coated with melted butter and 'special' sugar (which turned out to be Demerara, which I had always thought you could not get here!" then folded and cut up into individual pieces.

So when I got home I had a go, but mine didn't turn out like Pigs Ears at all, they looked like this, so its back to the drawing board.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are right, the Schweinsohren don't look quite right. But let me google that for you!