Monday, September 26, 2011

We've done it!

 


Food fit for the last supper! Tonight Ken polished the table for the twentieth time and I dished out the soup for the last of the 97 people who have helped us raise the amazing sum of $2,946 over the past couple of months.

I have just done my sums, although it is 4.33 am and my brain might not be functioning quite rightly, but I make it that we have helped 5,100 children in the fight against Polio. Speaking for myself, I have enjoyed it and I thank everyone who came to dine with us, encouraged us along the way, and I now know that the way to a man's wallet is through his stomach!

We finished in fine style, with the Mayor of Kingborough coming tonight, that might be a bit of namedropping, but he just happens to be an old friend of Tim and Mandie, their children having attended the Steiner school here in Kingston a few years ago.

BUT we have not quite finished! Couldn't hang up my pinny without getting to my target of $3000.00 (that was somewhat elastic and increased as time went on!) so on Tuesday we are having a last ditch effort with a Coffee Morning here when we hope to raise the last $56. It should be 'a piece of cake'
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elaine said...

A stunning effort on your part Hazel - you have done the cause mighty proud!!!

hazel said...

Thanks, also for your help, and support, you are a devil for punishment, wonder you have any friends left, after dragging them back here four times.