Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Margaret's turn for Girls Day

 

 

 

 


I decided to walk to Margaret's house as it is not far, and I got an uninterrupted half hour of listening to my latest Audio Book 'Winter Journey' by an Australian writer called Diane Armstrong. It is a very sad book about the terrible Pogrom which took place in Poland at the beginning of the Second World War (and in this case was blamed on the Germans but in fact it was the Catholic Poles who killed their own Polish Jews) so it was a little light relief when I turned into Margaret's gate and was met by the most beautiful garden you have ever seen. The trees which line her drive have grown and are at their wonderful best at this time of the year. I am truly grateful that I have such clever friends, they are all so talented (you never know, they may even read this!!!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: