Sunday, July 25, 2010

So - whats the difference....


between this photo and the last one? Yes, I know it is taken slightly closer but there is one big difference!!! The second one was taken a few days ago, and the first one was taken today and in that time Hobart has its first Wind Turbines put on top of the Marine Board Building, the big one on the right of the photos!! There was a lot of opposition but I think you will agree, they do not look too much out of place, even though they will only generate about one tenth of the electricity used in that building, doesn't seem much really does it? They are quite visible so I don't think they will be any danger to birds flying by, and although you can't see any movement, they were going round at a fair old rate today, even though it did not seem windy at all from down where we were.

Heidi and I went to our favourite "Timeless Way" for breakfast, a very civilised way to start your Sunday, don't you think?

Don't forget to double click and make it bigger!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

I did the double-click.
Well done!
I didn't know about the wind turbines, but that building isn't very nice looking at any rate is it?