Monday, July 12, 2010

One poor washed up seal




I nearly left my camera behind this morning, but something told me to go back and get it. I am glad that I did, because as I was walking along the beach I could see something struggling in the water. On closer inspection I realised that it was a seal, in difficulty. It kept getting washed up with the tide, some times it looked OK and then it looked far from OK. Parks and Wildlife were called in to help, but I don't know what the outcome was, I couldn't wait any longer, but I got some good shots from quite a distance.

You never know what you are going to encounter on Blackmans Bay Beach!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

What a coincidence. The same happened here on the Elbe. A poor seal in trouble - but it got saved by the fire brigade and transferred to a seal-station on the Nordsee. It appears that all is now well!