Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wow, that hurt!!






>About three weeks ago, whilst weeding round our giant (spiteful) cactus, I felt this almighty pain in the middle digit (finger!) of my right hand!!

I moaned a lot to Ken, but didn't do anything else. It didn't swell up, or throb or do any of the things splinters sometimes do.

Today I went to see Doc Martin (!) and just as an afterthought, at the end of him telling me how well I had done with my blood sugar level, I threw in the finger!!

He obviously likes a challenge, he disappeared and came back with head torch, magnifyer and various instruments of torture which he then proceeded to use on me. After a lot of squeezing, bleeding and excruciating pain, and after he had got me back down from the ceiling, out came this almighty splinter, half a centimeter long. He was very pleased with himself, got out the camera and proceeded to photograph the foreign object, along with my finger, for his records. He explained that in the old days they would have kept the splinter, but they were running out of room (?? how much room would that have taken up??)

BUT that was not the last of it, it was then advisable for me to have a tetanus jab, AND a Whooping Cough Jab as WC is rearing its ugly head again, especially for older citizens whose jab as a child would have worn off!!! I think they get a special payment for giving jabs!

So the moral of this story is STAY AWAY FROM THAT NASTY CACTUS!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow, that really looks bad. Is the measurement cm or inch?
And you nev er know, it might have grown.....