Monday, May 10, 2010

and here we are, the photos you have been waiting for!!



We made our way down to the Tyenna River, where we were told we had an 85% chance of seeing a Platypus!! Fingers crossed.




and after a short but anxious wait, there he was!! But oh, how hard to get a good photo,




Thank goodness for 'burst mode' on our cameras, we had a lot of rubbish to delete when we got home, but what a day, what a great experience to see these rare little creatures and IN THE WILD, not in some giant fish tank in a shed!!

Thank you Heidi, I will remember this Mothers Day for a long time.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I wonder if this is the place Heidi took me to, where we saw the platypus? But my picture isn't as good as yours - and at the time I didn't even know how to work the "movie" button!