Monday, August 31, 2009

Wally - the walking wounded!



Wally is in the wars

The other day I noticed that Wally had a sore patch on the front of his right leg, he had almost licked it bald, it looked terrible and was obviously causing him some discomfort. It was also causing me some discomfort, as his owner is due back on Thursday and she is very protective of her little pooch. I phoned the after hours number for the vet and was told to prevent him from licking it any more I should bandage it. This I did, see first photo, doesn't he look cute? This morning we took him to the vet, who was very thorough in his examination and after shaving the spot and taking a sample for further examination the diagnosis was that he had either been bitten by something like a Jack Jumper (a very large ant) or he had scratched it on something. Anyway he is now on anti biotics and has to wear this very fashionable headgear to prevent him licking it any more. Poor Wally!!!

No comments: