Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Here comes a candle to light you to bed......


I am sitting here, wondering what to tell you about next in my busy little life. I am putting off the inevitable, going to bed!! It is 10.59 pm, I have been to my Gospel Choir this evening, we are rehearsing bigtime for the Festival of Voices which happens in Hobart in a couple of weeks time. I really enjoy my singing, and our leader Jane is such a lovely lady, she makes it all such fun. She cons us into thinking we have the most wonderful voices, but enmasse - even though I say it myself - we don't sound bad!

Now - why don't I want to go to bed, well last night I woke about 3 am with the most awful cramp on the inside of my left thigh, which is a very painful place to get cramp, as you can't really stretch it out like you can if it is in your foot, or your calf. The pain is so intense that I feel as if I am going to pass out (and once I did, on the bathroom floor, much to Ken's consternation) At least if you faint all your muscles relax and the cramp actually goes, but last night it went on for quite a while. I must have been dehydrated so today I have made an effort to drink more water and have kept up my electrolytes and had a double dose of my magnesium tablets.

By the way, the Tomato Chilli Sauce I told you about was 'awesome' as were the Spices Pears I did next, I was so proud of them that I attach a photo, definitely too good to eat. My Pantry shelves are beginning to look quite attractive with all the bottles and jars amassing on them. Should keep us going through the winter AND provide enough to give away to friends. Wish you were nearer, you could have some!!

No comments: