Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thistles and Robins



Its a funny combination but I went for a short walk this evening in the hope of seeing some new birds, but although I could hear plenty they kept out of sight, but just as I was coming back to the car I spotted this little robin, you might have to double click on him, sorry he was a bit far away and I had to zoom in quick, didn't think you would see his little red chest, but you can.

Then I went to the other extreme and did a close-up shot of these beautiful thistles, have been learning how to get the thistles in focus and the background a bit fuzzy, so its not a bad photo, its meant to be like that!!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

thanks for the hint. with the double-click I found the Robin - really sweet.
And the thistles look great, fuzzy background or not.
Wish I could report similar events, but nothing going here, getting cold again, but at least the sun is shining and I took out my bike today for the first time in months!