Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well, I thought it was a good idea at the time!



I am a 'Lifeline Visitor' which means that as often as I can I visit a little old lady at the Hostel in Snug. My lady is over ninety, does beautiful embroidery and I had this bright idea that we would do a Project together for the Hostel, which could do with a little embellishment along the hall walls. I decided on applique native Australian plants, which I started off by fixing them to the background, and thought that Lorna could buttonholestitch around said flowers!!! To cut a long story short, it didn't work, and now I am left to finish the wallhangings myself!! Not that I mind, I am quite pleased with how they have turned out, and I have one more in the making, three in all, and they should look good on the walls.

No comments: