Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Wow!

It's 6 am, can't sleep so have been transported to Bavaria, to Tegelberg, Queen Mary's Bridge and fairytale Neuschwanstein. I have heard all about King Ludwig ll and his friendship with Wagner, his early mysterious death and have seen the beautiful mountain filled countryside where he liked to spend his time. All this beauty is accompanied by Wagner's beautiful music AND you learn a little history along the way.

I am really enjoying this Series on SBS by the BBC and marvel at the fact that I can watch it all on my trusty IPad.

Last week I was in The Lake District, this week Germany and next comes South Africa but I cannot really imagine that SA will hold my attention as much as these past two weeks.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

aren't you the culture freak? There have been quite a few movies about mad King Ludwig over the years, but I don't think they will ever have the real truth about him.
Have never been to Neuschwanstein or the area around, but it must be quite impressive.
I still prefer the Lake District